Narendra Modi to inaugurate Sparkle ’13 in Surat today
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Chief Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday inaugurate Sparkle 2013, the four-day gems and jewellery exhibition being organised by Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI) at Convention Centre in Sarsana in the city.
Over 150 companies from across the country and from countries like Dubai, Japan and Thailand will take part in the show. This is the fifth such event being organised by SGCCI to promote Indian diamond jewellery.
SGCCI president Paresh Patel said, "The reason for organising the event is to get business from non-resident Gujaratis who come during December and January. The exhibition will also help diamond and jewellery merchants as they will get in direct contact with international brands and make big business deals."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet