NASA spoofs PSY's 'Gangnam Style' video
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
NASA's Johnson Space Center has released its own spoof video of singer PSY's cross-over Korean
pop hit, in one of the newest in line of "Gangnam Style" parody.
The space center's parody, "NASA Johnson Style," uses footage from the International Space Station and scenes from the center itself to highlight some of the work researchers do on the campus, which is home base for NASA's astronauts.
Some astronauts have even made cameos in the parody video. Astronaut Mike Massimino - a veteran of two space shuttle missions, both of which visited the Hubble Space Telescope, is seen giving the PSY impersonator a disapproving look for a little less than two minutes, 'SPACE.com' reported.
Clayton Anderson, a member of the Expedition 15 mission to the International Space Station, can be seen dancing, while Tracy Caldwell Dyson, who lived aboard the station for 174 days in 2010, pops up a few different times lip synching from inside a space capsule.
A couple of the other guest stars include astronauts Michael Coats and Ellen Ochoa.
This isn't the first time the US space agency has participated in a viral video phenomenon. Earlier this year, NASA's JPL Curiosity team released their own take on LMFAO's "People of Walmart (Sexy and I Know It)" with the much more subdued, "We're NASA and We Know It (Mars Curiosity)."
The original "Gangnam Style" music video first went viral a month after its release in August, and since then has been watched more than 900,000,000 times, overtaking Justin Bieber's "Baby" as the most viewed video ever on YouTube near the end of November, the report said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow