Naveen Patnaik hand-in-glove with Sonia: BJP
Seeking resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coal allocation issue, Odisha BJP president Jual Oram alleged that the BJD president and AICC chief Sonia Gandhi were hand in glove.
"Naveen Patnaik and Sonia Gandhi are old friends. They are hand in glove. Therefore, both avoid pointing fingers at each other. They claim to be opponents in public," Oram told a protest meeting near Raj Bhavan.
Holding both the state government and the Centre responsible for irregularity in coal block allocations, BJP leader B B Harichandan demanded the chief minister's resignation for favouring a private company for allocation of a specific coal block.
"The person who recommended allocation of coal blocks to private companies is equally responsible for the scam," said Harichandan.
Reacting to BJP's allegation, BJD leader and agriculture minister Debi Prasad Mishra said "Ask your central leader Dharmendra Pradhan who publicy appreciated the chief minister's recommendation of coal blocks for certain companies who set up power plants in the state."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow