Nawazuddin signed for Buddhadeb Dasgupta’s next
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
National Award winning director Buddhadeb Dasgupta will start shooting for his fourth Hindi venture, Anwar Ka Ajab Kissa. Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui confirmed that he has been signed for the film and would start shooting for it from March 25. Talking about his role, the actor says, "the story is based in Kolkata and will be extensively shot there. I play the role of a detective named Anwar."
While Dasgupta had earlier considered making the film in Bangla, Anwar Er Aschoriyo Kahani, he has decided to direct the film in Hindi . Before the shooting commences, Siddiqui will be attending a week long workshop starting from March 4 in Kolkata. "I will be attending the workshop to understand the character of Anwar which I essay in the film," says the actor.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations