Nayudu Trophy: Shaikh’s ton takes Maharashtra to 295
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
The Maharashtra u-25 team managed 295 runs for loss of 10 wickets in the first innings of Colonel C K Nayudu Trophy group game against Delhi.
Maharashtra, currently on top of Elite group B, had a shaky start with openers Avdoot Dandekar and Vishant More falling cheaply. Pacer Sunny Sehrawat was deadly scalping Dandekar and then carving up Abhijit Salvi and Rahul Tripathi cheaply. Prayag Bhati and Naushad Sheikh managed to steady Maharashtra's innings and Sheikh managed a century stroking 10 boundaries and two sixes in his 110-run knock. Bhati gave him company with 72 runs. Maharashtra's lower middle order was not up to the task and except for Pushkaraj Chavan who scored 56, none other could put up a significant score. Sehrawat was the destroyer-in-chief for Delhi as he picked up five wickets for 34 runs. Delhi Ranji Trophy player and former u-19 world cup winner Pradip Sangwan also chipped in with two wickets. Another Delhi player Pawan Negi snapped up three wickets. In reply, Delhi were 10 for no loss at stumps with Karan Harit and Aditya Kaushik at the crease.
Brief scores: Maharashtra 295 all out (N Shaikh 110, P Bhati 72, P Chavan 56; S Sehrawat 5/34, P Negi 3/56) Delhi 10 for no loss (A Kaushik 6 n.o.)
Super League: State women defeat Assam
The Maharashtra team began its Senior Women's Interstate One Day Super League campaign with a win against Assam. Assam batted first at Rewa in Madhya Pradesh and managed to score 162 runs for loss of 10 wickets. Maharashtra's Kavita Patil scalped three wickets in seven overs and gave away just 21 runs. Maharashtra did not start their chase in the best possible manner with both openers falling cheaply. Captain Anuja Patil steadied the Maharashtra ship, scoring 53. Swaroopa Kadam scored 60 runs. Maharashtra surpassed the target with 13.3 overs to spare.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'