NC ex-MLC, TV anchor booked on charges of indecent exposure
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
A ruling National Conference leader and a woman TV anchor have been booked on charges of indecent exposure in Nigeen area of the city, police sources said today.
The duo, who were allegedly found in a compromising position inside a houseboat, have been booked under Section 294 RPC (indecent exposure in public place), they said.
Senior police officials, however, refused to comment about the incident that took place last evening.
The case was registered against the NC leader, who is a former MLC from South Kashmir, and the anchor, who was arrested and lodged at Women's Police Station at Rambagh, the sources said, adding the NC leader managed to escape.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'