NCP MLA Mete hurt in car mishap
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Vinayak Mete was injured after the car in which he was travelling lost control and rammed an electricity pole near Hotel Green Park on Baner Road in the early hours of Tuesday.
Mete was admitted to Ruby Hall Clinic for treatment. His condition was reported to be stable. Car driver Sanjay Borkar suffered minor injuries in the mishap. Police said Mete had come to Pune from Mumbai to attend a meeting of the Loklekha Samiti on Tuesday.
Arrangements for his stay were made at a hotel in Balewadi. He was going to this hotel when the incident took place. Police said air bags in the car inflated after the mishap, thus reducing the nature of injuries received by Mete and Borkar.
Meanwhile, Home Minister
R R Patil, who was in Pune on Tuesday, visited Mete at Ruby Hall Clinic.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations