NCP MLA’s bail plea rejected
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Vaghasia is one of the three NCP MLAs in the state
A court at Gondal Saturday rejected the bail plea of NCP MLA from Gondal Chandu Vaghasia, who was arrested in connection with an alleged Rs 53-lakh irrigation scam on November 11.
Vaghasia was remanded to two-day custody of the CID, which ended on Friday. The court has now sent sitting MLA to judicial custody.
Vaghasia is one of the three NCP MLAs in the state. Top party leaders have maintained he will be fielded again from Gondal in the upcoming Assembly polls.
In 2007, Vaghasia had contested polls from behind bars after being arrested in a murder case. He was granted parole for campaigning.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'