NCP MLA’s bail plea rejected
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Vaghasia is one of the three NCP MLAs in the state
A court at Gondal Saturday rejected the bail plea of NCP MLA from Gondal Chandu Vaghasia, who was arrested in connection with an alleged Rs 53-lakh irrigation scam on November 11.
Vaghasia was remanded to two-day custody of the CID, which ended on Friday. The court has now sent sitting MLA to judicial custody.
Vaghasia is one of the three NCP MLAs in the state. Top party leaders have maintained he will be fielded again from Gondal in the upcoming Assembly polls.
In 2007, Vaghasia had contested polls from behind bars after being arrested in a murder case. He was granted parole for campaigning.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held