Nepal inducts 1,500 Maoists into Army
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
In what looks like a major achievement of the peace accord, altogether 1,531 Maoist combatants became part of the Nepal Army trainees on Sunday awaiting their absorption on their completing the prescribed training. These include 71 trainees selected to join the army at officer's level.
While those selected for officer level recruitment reported to training centre of the Nepal Army in Kharipati, remaining 1,460 were dispatched to seven different training centres in the country.
The former will go for nine-month long "officer cadet basic training" course where as the others will be undergoing 7-month long "basic military special training".
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held