New Chndgrh-Delhi Shatabdi suspended soon after its inaugural
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Railway Minister Pawan Bansal today flagged off the third Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi Express here, but the train service was "suspended" within hours due to discrepancies in the fare structure.
Prospective passengers started getting "resvn suspended" (reservation suspended) message on railway's website within hours after the flagging off ceremony.
There was some discrepancy in the fare structure which is being rectified by the railway headquarters in Delhi, a senior railway official at Ambala Divisional Headquarters said.
Since the railway website, including online reservation, is controlled by authorities at New Delhi, officials in Punjab could not reveal by when the reservation for the new train would resume.
Earlier a railway official at Chandigarh had told PTI that the snag would be rectified soon, but till late evening the reservation for the new train remained suspended.
Reservation for the new train has also been suspended at various booking offices of the Railways. Chandigarh is already connected by two Shatabdi Expresses to New Delhi and there has been no disruption in their services.
The new train would run non-stop between the two cities six days a week, except on Sundays.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations