New PGI academic session from Jan 7
Dr M S Valiathan, National Research Professor, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal (Karnataka) will inaugurate the new academic session of the PGIMER on January 7. He will address the new residents who have joined PGIMER in the new academic session. The topic of his address will be "Biomedical Engineering and Health Care in India".
The institute's academic session begins on January 7 with 118 students joining the MD/MS course of major specialties like Anasthesia, Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Orthopaedics, Radio-diagnosis, General Surgery, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, ENT, Pathology, Pharmacology, Radiotherapy and Transfusion Medicine.
Eighteen students have joined the DM/M.ch of Cardiology, Cardiac Anesthesia, Neuro Anesthesia, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Paediatric Haemato-oncology, Paediatric Critical Care, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology and Urology.
Sixty-five students have joined paramedical courses in Bachelor of Physical Therapy, Radiodiagnosis, Operation Theatre, Radiotherapy, Perfusionist, Laboratory and Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology.
Four students have joined House Jobs, one MSc MLT, two MHA, one PDCC (Postgraduate Certificate Course in Cytopathology) and two MASLP (Masters in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology).
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow