New York City has most top 10 US restaurants - poll
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
New York City is arguably the top culinary destination in the United States with six of the 10 best restaurants in the country, a survey released on Wednesday showed.
The French Laundry in Yountville, California, founded by chef Thomas Keller, was named the best restaurant by a panel of experts, followed by the Gramercy Tavern, Le Bernardin, Momofuku Ssam Bar and Eleven Madison Park, which are all in the Big
"This (New York) is still considered by most chefs the ultimate proving ground of their talents and their ability to run a restaurant," said Colman Andrews, editorial director of The Daily Meal, on the the food website's annual poll.
In last year's poll, New York City had five of the top 10 restaurants, with Le Bernardin taking first place and The French Laundry coming in fifth after placing first the previous year.
More than 150 food critics, writers and bloggers voted in the third annual survey of 101 Best Restaurants in America. They considered the cuisine, region, atmosphere, level of "buzz" and price range.
Andrews praised Keller for his attention to details, adding that "every part is done perfectly," and said the Gramercy Tavern and its award-winning head chef Michael Anthony also had very high standards. "It's good as it's ever been," he added.
Blue Hill at Stone Barns in Pocantico Hills, just north of New York City, captured sixth place on the list. Chef Dan Barber's restaurant does not have a menu but offers a daily farmers' feast which ranges from five to 12 courses.
Chef Jean-George Vongerichten's ABC Kitchen landed the seventh spot in the survey, while celebrity chef Mario Batali's Babbo, which is known for its modern Italian cuisine, came in eighth.
Rounding out the top 10 were Girl & the Goat, a gastropub-style restaurant in Chicago, and Cochon in New Orleans, which is known for its southern Cajun food.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet