- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Afghan president accorded rare full US military honours
Us defence secretary leon panetta on Thursday accorded full military honours to visiting Afghan President Hamid Karzai at the Pentagon, reflecting the importance the US attaches to him. Marked with traditional pomp and show, the full military honours accorded to Karzai included a 21-gun salute, rarely given to a foreign dignitary. Following the event, Karzai and Panetta led their respective delegations for intensive consultations on a range of issues, including bilateral security agreement and troop presence in the country after 2014.
Google chief urges North Korea to embrace Internet
Eric e schmidt, executive chairman of Google, returned from a four-day visit to North Korea on Thursday with a message for the reclusive nation's young new leader: embrace the web or else. Schmidt, part of a private delegation led by former Gov Bill Richardson of New Mexico that also sought to press Pyongyang on humanitarian and diplomatic issues, said North Korea risked falling further behind if it did not provide more access to cell phone service and the Internet.
Israeli law aims to make ultrathin models obsolete
Israel has introduced a new law that prohibits the employment of underweight fashion models. The law sets weight minimums with the aim of discouraging eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia, which affect mostly young women, who go on extreme diets. The law requires models to produce a medical report no older than three months, stating they are not malnourished by WHO standards.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow