NIA gives govt names of ‘RSS-linked terrorists’
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Amid the continued BJP and RSS attack on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for saying the two outfits were promoting "Hindu terror" in their training camps, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) Tuesday gave to Shinde's ministry a list of "right wing suspects (who) were associated with either RSS or its affiliated groups at one point or the other".
The NIA, which has been investigating alleged terror attacks by Hindu extremist groups from 2006-08, has so far arrested 24 people and declared seven as absconders.
The NIA gave details of 10 suspected extremists who it said were affiliated to the RSS or allied groups between 2001 and 2008 when the conspiracies were allegedly hatched.
"Yes, there is evidence," Home Secretary R K Singh said. "We have names of at least 10 persons involved in the Samjhauta Express (February 2007), Mecca Masjid (May 2007) and (Ajmer) Dargah Sharif blasts (October 2007)who were associated with RSS at some point or other." The NIA has named:
Swami Aseemanand, who was prant pracharak pramukh of the Sangh Parivar outfit Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Dangs from the 1990s until 2007;
Sunil Joshi, an RSS zila pracharak in Dewas and Mhow from the 1990s to 2003, who was killed in Dewas in December 2007;
Ramji Kalsangra, a vistarak in Dewas who is on the run;
Shivam Dhakad, allegedly a sharirik pramukh of the RSS in Dewas, whose elder brother Rameshwar Dhakad was allegedly a Madhya Pradesh BJP worker;
Sandeep Dange, an absconding accused in the Samjhauta, Mecca Masjid and Ajmer bombings, who was allegedly an RSS pracharak in Mhow, Indore, Uttarkashi and Shajapur from the 1990s to 2006;
Devender Gupta, accused in the Ajmer and Samjhauta blasts, who was an RSS zila pracharak in Jamtara in Jharkhand between 2003 and 2006;
Kamal Chauhan, a Samjhauta blast accused who was allegedly an RSS vistarak in 2001-02;
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet