Nicki Minaj storms off American Idol set
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
The already tense relationship between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj went even further south on the sets of the American Idol recently with the rapper storming out of an audition session.
As American Idol's talent search headed to Charlotte, North Carolina on Wednesday, things got heated up and production had to shut down for a bit, reported People
A speedway full of aspiring singers were left sitting idle after disagreements over the judges' varying styles of critique, particularly of 20-year-old Summer Cunningham,
"Why are we picking her apart?" Minaj asked after Carey questioned whether the contestant's voice was best-suited for country music.
"Really? Is that what I did? We're trying to help her as opposed to just talk about her outfit," responded Carey.
That retort caused Minaj to throw a fit. "Oh, you're right. I'm sorry I can't help her. Maybe I should just get off the panel," she said before walking off the set.
As Minaj left, Carey said, "I was going to do that the next time she ragged on me."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations