Nicole Kidman comes to rescue of extras
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Nicole Kidman came to the rescue of extras on the sets of her new movie 'Grace of Monaco', providing them with hot food and blankets as they were working in freezing conditions.
The 45-year-old actress, who is playing the late Princess Grace in the new movie, was horrified at the conditions the extras had to deal with, so arranged for better facilities for the background cast, reported Star magazine.
"About 200 extras were forced to shoot late into the night in 40 F weather wearing only light clothing. Everyone was freezing. The next day Nicole demanded that tents be set up for the extras and they be supplied with warm blankets, hot food and coffee to keep them comfortable," said a source.
Kidman's kind actions prompted the extras to joke that the Australian beauty - who has children Isabella, 19, and Conor, 17, with ex-husband Tom Cruise, and Sunday Rose, four, and Faith Margaret, 23 months, with spouse Keith Urban – was just like a "real princess".
"It was like she was a real princess, barking orders and looking out for her people. And her caring actions were a real hit with everyone," the source said
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet