Nigerian delivers baby girl mid-air
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
En route to Addis Ababa, the flight was diverted to Mumbai
A 34-year-old pregnant Nigerian woman went into labour and delivered aboard an Ethopian Airlines flight on Saturday morning, causing the aircraft to take a diversion to Mumbai airport.
Flight no ET607 en route from Guanzhou to Addis Ababa, reported an on-board medical emergency after the baby girl was born around 4 am. A medical team, awaiting at the Mumbai International Airport, escorted the mother, Chinyere Okoli and the baby to Holy Spirit Hospital in Andheri.
"The mother and baby were both brought to the hospital after the delivery. The child is currently under observation as the delivery happened in the aircraft. However, both mother and child are stable," said a hospital source.
Post the diversion at Mumbai, the flight took off again after a couple of hours.
"The flight landed in Mumbai at 5.10 AM and by 7.04 AM it was airborne again," said an MIAL spokesperson
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations