Nine-year-old killed in leopard attack
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
In the fourth leopard attack in the past few month at the periphery of Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP), a nine-year-old boy was mauled to death in Goregaon's Aarey Milk Colony on Saturday.
The incident took place when the victim, Saurabh Yadav went out of his house in Adarsh Nagar along with a friend to attend to nature's call nearby.
While Saurabh's friend managed to escape and alert the locals, the leopard attacked Saurabh and dragged him by his throat, officials said.
After searching for over two hours, Forest and police officials found Saurabh's body in the jungle, a few kilometres away from his house.
The victim's father is an autorickshaw driver and his family hails from Uttar Pradesh, said a police officer.
Senior inspector Uttam More of Aarey Colony police station said, "A case of accidental death has been registered. This area has become highly sensitive as many leopard attacks have occurred in the past few months."
Meanwhile, locals complained that despite repeated requests to install a fence between Adarsh Nagar and SGNP, forest department officials have not taken any action.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow