Nitin Gadkari invites Sonia Gandhi to his son's wedding
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Monday called on UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to invite her to his son's wedding.
Sources close to Gadkari said the meeting with Gandhi was purely personal and he had gone to her residence only to extend an invitation for his son Sarang's wedding on June 24 in Nagpur.
Gadkari is also hosting a reception on July 2 here at Ashoka Hotel.
"Only family matters -- how many members in the family and so on -- were discussed. There was no discussion on any political issue," a BJP leader said.
Sources at 10, Janpath corroborated this, saying the meeting was to extend an invitation to Gandhi and there was nothing beyond that. "There was nothing political," they said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow