Nitish Kumar thanks Sibal for 2 central universities in Bihar
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar thanked Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal for sanctioning two central universities at Motihari and Gaya in Bihar and suggested names for it.
In a letter to Sibal, Kumar requested the HRD Minister set up the central university at Motihari in the name of Mahatma Gandhi or Bapu Central University.
This has been a demand of the people of East Champaran district that the central university at Motihari be named after Mahatma Gandhi as the district was his work place, he said.
Similarly, the central university at Gaya be set-up as Bihar Central University, he said.
"I would request you to kindly consider the request for naming these two central universities in consideration of the sentiment of the people of Bihar," he said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM