Nitish lauds PC for status review
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar hailed the Budget and heaped praises on Finance Minister P Chidambaram for stressing the need to redefine criteria for granting special category status to states.
Bihar has been demanding special status. The JD-U held a rally a couple of months ago to press this demand and plans to hold another rally in Delhi in March. Nitish lauding the FM assumes political significance with the CM saying during his Adhikar Yatra that the JD-U will support a coalition which will grant Bihar special status.
"People of Bihar have reasons to be happy because the Centre has decided to redefine criteria for giving a state special category status. I have long been trying to emphasise that criteria of backwardness need to reviewed. We thank the FM for appreciating our concern," Nitish said. He also lauded Chidambaram for continuing special assistance for Bihar and for the decision to make Nalanda International University a 'centre of excellence'.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations