No awkwardness with ex-boyfriend Ranbir: Deepika
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Actress Deepika Padukone, who will be working with ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor in 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani', says there were no awkward moments sharing screen space with him again as they share a beautiful friendship.
Deepika and Ranbir dated each other for almost a year in 2008 but things went sour and led to a break up, the reason for which is best known to them.
"I feel if there was any sort of awkwardness I would not have signed the film. We agree to do the film together because we knew that there will be a certain comfort. I think in that sense we both have handled it very well," Deepika said.
"I think we have handled it how to keep our personal life aside and focus on our professional commitments. For us nothing matters than doing this film itself. But on a personal note, we have a beautiful friendship and I am glad that we are friends and I respect that more than anything else," she said.
Post their break-up both Ranbir and Deepika had moved on but when they both agreed to work on Ayan Mukerji's romantic film, 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani' there was reports that they are back together again.
On this, Deepika said, "That's not true at all. He is very happy doing what he is doing and I am happy doing what I am doing. I think we are happy being friends and we should leave it there itself."
This is the second time, when Deepika and Ranbir will be coming together. Their first film was 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' (2008) when they were together.
Meanwhile, Deepika will be sharing screen space with south superstar Rajinikath for the first time in Tamil film 'Kochadaiyaan'.
"It was great working with him. I did not feel any pressure. I must say even though he is a big star, he is like a child. He is very excited on the sets. He comes with full energy. He greets everyone including artists, technicians, and also his daughter Soundarya, who is the director," the leggy actress said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held