No poison in food, liquor at Fiza home
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The chemical examination of edible items and liquor recovered from the residence of late Anuradha Bali alias Fiza Mohammad has tested negative for poison. No poisonous substance has been detected in the food items and liquor bottle/ glass. A report of the chemical analysis of the food items like pakoras and glasses containing water, soda has been prepared by the Kharar laboratory. None of these had any poisonous substance. The chemical examination has ruled out any foul play. The viscera report is awaited.
After the post mortem examination of Fiza had failed to give any conclusive finding to ascertain the cause of her "mysterious" death, the chemical analysis has also failed to clear the mystery. Anuradha Bali alias FIza Mohammad, the estranged second wife of former Haryana deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, was found dead at her residence in Mohali on August 6.
Fiza Mohammad's highly decomposed body was found in a ground floor bedroom with maggots crawling over it. She was cremated as per Hindu rites in Chandigarh the next day. Over 92 lakhs and 1.5 kg jewellery were recovered from the residence of Fiza Mohammad. The Mohali Police is yet to open her bank lockers. As per available information, the viscera report is expected this week.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet