Noida plans to name its roads, put up signage
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
In collaboration with Noida police, the Noida Authority will soon embark on a plan to name roads in the city, after the suggestion came up in a meeting with officials of the National Association of Software and Services Companies ( NASSCOM).
Noida Authority officials said representatives from NASSCOM suggested naming of roads because "it was difficult for people from outside Noida to find their way in the city".
Speaking on issues that plague the city, NASSCOM representatives said, "The streets should be named because it is difficult for people from out of town to reach their destination. On several occasions, the lack of named roads makes it difficult to find addresses, even for persons from emergency services."
Authority officials said, "Less than 10 roads in Noida have names. Therefore, this is a suggestion that we have looked at for a while. However, since it has been mooted again, we will set up a committee immediately to look into the suggestion."
In the meeting, representatives of NASSCOM also suggested enhancing women's security by setting up of CCTV cameras on key junctions and better streetlighting, and improvements to the "worsening traffic situation in the city".
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held