Not PM, Modi is fit to be Home Minister: Govindacharya
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Former BJP leader Govindacharya has said senior Congress leaders AK Antony and Digvijay Singh have the "potential" to become Prime Minister, but not Narendra Modi or Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"In my view, Defence Minister AK Antony and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Digvijay Singh have potential to become Prime Minister. I am saying this as both have administrative experience to do good work," Govindacharya said.
He was speaking to reporters after attending the All India Electricity Labourers Federation conference here last evening.
"I feel both Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi are not fit to be the Prime Minister of the country," he said.
Replying to a query on the ongoing debate over who could be the BJP's prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 polls, Govindacharya said, "LK Advani could still be the BJP's prime ministerial nominee."
Responding to a question on the suitable profile for Modi if the BJP formed the next government, he said: "Modi is fit to be the Home Minister."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held