Not sure how 100 crore helps me as an actress: Anushka Sharma
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Anushka Sharma's last film 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' may have managed to get her into the elite 100 crore club in Bollywood but the actress feels the new benchmark would not help her much in her individual career.
With the feat, the 24-year-old actress also got closer to contemporaries like Sonakshi Sinha and Asin, who have the highest number of century hits to their credit along with seniors like Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.
Screen Awards: Who was your favourite?
Keeping audiences in mind, Screen India came up with Popular Choice Awards in Best Actor and Best Actress categories.
"I don't really understand how much being a part of this 100 crore club genuinely helps me as an actress. I don't have experience to still ascertain how a 100 crore success could make any difference to my career.
"I am happy that people have liked my film but the way I look at it, sometimes there are films that cater to certain segment of audience and may not always get those crores coming in. 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' has made money but I don't see any of that affecting me," Anushka said.
The actress, who made her debut with 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' opposite Shah Rukh Khan, ended 2012 on a high with director Yash Chopra's last film 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' turning out to be a success at the box office.
"I am really happy that the year ended well for me. People liked me for my performance and to hear something like that is always nice. Honestly, being a part of Yashji's film was a huge honour," she said.
Anushka, who has worked with actors like SRK, Ranveer Singh, Akshay Kumar and Shahid Kapoor, will be seen opposite Imran Khan in her upcoming Vishal Bhardwaj film 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' and she is excited about the pairing.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held