Nothing can prevent Modi hat-trick: Thackeray
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would lead his party, BJP, to a third consecutive victory in the next Assembly elections.
"Modi has shown his grip on Gujarat and is going to win the polls for the third time in a row," he said in an editorial in party mouthpiece Saamana.
"This is because of the pace of development in Gujarat in last 10 years under Modi. It won't be easy to stop his victory march.
"A picture is painted on TV channels that Modi is some sort of demon, that he is going to gobble up all Muslims in the country," Thackeray said, adding that this was wrong. "After the Gujarat riots, Congress labelled Modi 'merchant of death', but look what happened. Congress won only 55 seats and Modi-led BJP got 121," the Sena chief said.
On the day elections were declared in Gujarat, Sonia Gandhi addressed a rally in the state, Thackeray said. "In her speech, she did not mention Modi even once. This is an indication Congress has conceded defeat even before the electoral battle starts," he added.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held