Notice to Sheila over photos on loan forms
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Delhi Lokayukta Manmohan Sarin on Friday issued a showcause notice to CM Sheila Dikshit and SC/ST Welfare Minister Raj Kumar Chouhan over photographs of the two on the loan application forms of the Delhi State SC/SC/OBC/Minority and Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (DSFDC).
The notice was served after officials of the corporation told the Lokayukta that the decision to put the photographs on the forms was taken on the suggestion of Chouhan and with the CM's approval.
The forms have Dikshit's photo in one corner and that of Chouhan in the other.
Earlier, the Lokayukta sent a notice to the corporation following BJP MLA Dr Harshvardhan's complaint that the ministers were using the forms to "gain publicity and woo voters" by putting their photographs on it.
The MLA alleged that the two ministers had no direct role in the functioning of the corporation.
The DSFDC officials on Friday produced documents, which showed that Chouhan suggested that his and Dikshit's photographs be printed on the forms. Lokayukta has asked Dikshit and Chouhan to reply to the allegations by December 10.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM