‘Novice’ robbers try to ATM machine
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Four persons unsuccessfully tried to uproot an ATM machine while holding the security guard hostage at gunpoint in Mumfordganj area in the early hours of Friday. Police said it could be the handiwork of first-timers.
A case of attempt to theft has been registered at Colonelganj police station. The incident occurred close to the ATM machine where two security guards were killed and Rs 44 lakh were looted on October 14, 2011. No headway was made in that case.
According to the police, four persons, riding a vehicle, came to the ATM of Punjab National Bank and held the security guard, Suresh Ram Gautam, hostage at gunpoint. They then covered the CCTV camera to escape being videographed.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet