Now, 2 more LPG cylinders till March
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
With the Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs raising the LPG subsidy cap to nine cylinders from six, the households will now be able to avail two additional subsidised cylinders till March. The LPG agencies will have to rework their records to facilitate the process of providing additional cylinders.
Presently, the count of subsidised cylinders is being calculated from September 14. According to the earlier directives, households could get only three subsidised cylinders till March.
"We will provide two more cylinders till further notice. We will have to re-check on the number of cylinders availed by customers and provide them the cylinders accordingly," said Usha Poonawalla, state head, LPG Dealers Association. The state's scheme to provide additional three cylinders to BPL users has not yet been implemented with the district officials receiving no directions on the same.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'