Now Ambedkar statues vandalised in UP
Three statues of Bhim Rao Ambedkar were allegedly vandalised in different villages of Meh Nagar police station area of Azamgarh district on Saturday. While locals staged a demonstration against the incident, the administration replaced the statues within six hours.
An FIR against unidentified persons was lodged at the local police station.
Azamgarh SP Vijay Singh Meena told The Sunday Express that the locals discovered that two statues of Ambedkar were damaged and another one displaced at three different villages ó Jiyasan, Palia and Katatch ó in Meh Nagar area around 6 am. Angry over the incident, the locals gathered and blocked the road at Meh Nagar.
Meena said tthat hey rushed to the place and assured the people that the statues will be replaced.
The statues were replaced by 11 am, he said.
The SP also said that police teams have been engaged to trace those who vandalised the statues.
Maya statue: Accused in judicial custody
A court Saturday remanded Amit Jani, the chief of the Uttar Pradesh Navnirman Sena who allegedly masterminded the destruction of Mayawati's statue, in judicial custody for 14 days.
His associates Rajendra Singh Chaudhary alias Ferrari and Qasim Chaudhary were also sent to judicial custody till August 9. The three, on the run since the incident Thursday, were arrested by the police late Friday night.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow