Now, Bagga targets Geelani, is arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani was heckled at a seminar here on Monday.
Geelani was one of the guests at an in-house discussion held by the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies. At around 4:30 pm, 15-20 activists of the Bharatiya Singh Kranti Sena tried to barge into the hall and manhandle Geelani.
However, security officials managed to nab the activists and detained them.
One of the activists who tried to hurl a shoe at Geelani was Tejinder Pal Singh Bagga, who had attacked lawyer Prashant Bhushan inside his chamber in October last year.
A few hours after the attack, Jammu & Kahmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted, " These BSKS & ABVP goons are bloody idiots. Anyone can assault an old man. As if attacking SASG will make the Kashmir issue just disappear."
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM