Now, forgery case against Pandey
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Gopal Pandey, one of the six arrested for the murder of builder Nitin Dhakan was on Friday booked in a case of forgery involving the plot over which he had a row with Dhakan. Borivali police said he confessed to having made bogus ownership papers under a fake name for the plot in Borivali (West).
This comes a day after Borivali police registered a third murder case against Pandey and the five others held in the Dhakan case. After ther arrest, they had been booked for the murder of a rickshaw driver, Vijay Dubey, Pandey's loan recovery agent murdered in 2008. Pandey was booked for the murder of another man in 2010, over a loan default, police sources said.
"Pandey has confessed to the murders and the forgery case," police claimed.
Police allegedly found during investigations that Pandey killed Dhakan over a dispute over the said plot.
"Pandey forged ownership of the plot after the owner died. He had taken over the land, and was trying to build a residential complex there over which he had a tiff with Dhakan," said police officer.
Pandey, Brajesh Mishra, (33), Abhijit Bhosale (24), Birbal Singh (37), Haroon Sheikh (35), and Sachin Chorge (28) were arrested for the builder's murder.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’