Now, gold-plated MacBook Pros with diamond Apple logos for $30K!
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Now you could be a proud owner 24-carat gold covered MacBook Pro with an Apple logo that features multi-color diamonds by spending 30,000 dollars.
Computer Choppers, the firm that has launched the new of MacBook, also offers the chance to cover your favorite Apple product in white, rose and yellow gold, as well as copper, black and silver chrome.
The company''s founder, Alex Wiley, explained to CNNMoney that they 'take an iMac, an iPad, a tablet of some sort and strip it down to bare metal'
Then they engrave or personalize it for a customer and then go ahead and plate that with 24-karat gold.
According to the Daily Mail, Computer Choppers provides custom engravings, custom logos and ''diamond accents on the unibody chassis,'' they it reassembles the product and sends it off to the customer.
And if price is right, the company will coat just about anything, from Nintendo game controllers to iPhones and Blackberries, the report said.
Although Computer Choppers is based in the U.S., Wiley said that 90 percent cent of the company''s orders are shipped internationally.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow