Now, Home Secy backs Sushil Kumar Shinde says, 10 terror-tainted people linked to RSS
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
At least 10 people, who were allegedly involved in a spate of terror attacks in different parts of the country, had links with RSS or its affiliated organisations, Union Home Secretary R K Singh said today.
"Yes, during investigation of Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid and (Ajmer) Dargah Sharif blasts, we have found at least 10 names who have been associated with the RSS at some point or the other," he told reporters.
Singh was replying to a question on whether government has any evidence linking RSS with any person involved in any terrorist strike anywhere in the country as claimed by Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
"We have evidence against them. There are statements of witnesses," he said.
The Home Secretary also made public the names of the ten persons who were allegedly involved in terror attacks and also had links with RSS.
The names given out by Singh included that of Sunil Joshi (dead), who was allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Ajmer Sharif Dargah blasts. He was an "activist of RSS" in Dewas and Mhow from 1990s to 2003.
Sandeep Dange (absconding), who was allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Mecca Masjid and Ajmer Sharif Dargah explosions. He was "RSS pracharak" in Mhow, Indore, Uttarkashi and Sajhapur from 1990s to 2006.
The Home Secretary also named Lokesh Sharma (arrested) who was allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Mecca Masjid blasts. He was RSS 'nagar karyavahak' in Deogarh.
Swami Assemanand (arrested), allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid and Ajmer Sharif Dargah blasts. He was "associated with RSS wing Vanavashi Kalyan Parishad" in Dang, Gujarat in 1990s to 2007.
Rajender alias Samunder (arrested), allegedly involved in Samjhauta and Mecca Masjid blasts. He was "RSS Varg Vistarak".
Mukesh Vasani (arrested), allegedly involved in Ajmer Sharif Dargah blast. He was an "activist of RSS" in Godhra Devender Gupta (arrested), allegedly involved in Mecca Masjid blast, was a "RSS pracharak" in Mhow and Indore.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’