Now, Home Secy backs Sushil Kumar Shinde says, 10 terror-tainted people linked to RSS
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Chandrasekhar Leve (arrested), allegedly involved in Mecca Masjid, was a "RSS pracharak" in Shajhanpur in 2007 Kamal Chouhan (arrested), allegedly involved in Samjhauta and Mecca Masjid explosions was a "RSS activist".
Ramji Kalsangra (absconding), allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Mecca Masjid blasts, was a "RSS associate".
Congress distances itself from Shinde remark on Hindu terrorism
Congress today distanced itself from Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's controversial remark on Hindu terrorism, saying terror should not be linked with any religion.
"Terrorism should not be linked with any religion.
Congress does not see any connect between terrorism and any religion. The party has earlier also made it clear that terror has no religion or colour. Congress never uses word like saffron terror or Hindu terror," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi told reporters here.
Dwivedi's comments came amid a raging political controversy over Shinde's remarks at the AICC meeting at Jaipur on Sunday accusing BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism", setting off an angry reaction from the saffron parties which demanded an apology from Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Asked why the Home Minister used the word "Hindu terrorism", Dwivedi said "that must not have been the intention of the Home Minister. No Congress leader can say such thing with intention. Sometimes it happens that some words come out of the mouth of an individual unintentionally."
Dwivedi also recalled that saffron is also one of the colours in the national flag as well as in the party flag of Congress.
"How can we have an objection to the saffron colour. Kesaria has been part of old tradition of a large part of the country.
"Saffron is also one of the colours of our national flag as well as the flag of the Congress party...this dispute should be brought to an end now. It is not appropriate to blame Congress for this," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow