Now, Jamia girl tells police: My Facebook photo being passed as that of rape victim
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Days after a man approached the police in Kerala to complain that his daughter's photograph had been posted on Facebook as that of the 23-year-old woman who died after being gangraped and tortured in Delhi, a student of Jamia Millia Islamia has complained to Delhi Police that her photograph too has been uploaded on the social networking site as that of the gangrape victim.
The complaint was filed on December 31 at the Jamia Nagar police station, two days after the death of the victim in a Singapore hospital. The photograph of the complainant is positioned next to another of a girl lying battered on a hospital bed. Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East)
L T Hrangchal said: "We have registered a case on the girl's complaint wherein she has stated that her photograph on Facebook has been misused by projecting her as the Delhi gangrape victim. The matter is under investigation."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow