Now Palghar police detain 19-yr-old for Facebook post on Raj Thackeray
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Nine days after their arrest of two young women over a Facebook post led to widespread condemnation, the police in the same town of Palghar in Thane district detained a youth, Sunil Vishwakarma, on Wednesday for allegedly posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on the site.
"We have received a complaint that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told PTI.
Vishwakarma, 19, has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Kundan Sankhe, president of the Thane rural unit of the Maharashtra Nanvnirman Sena, claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj and the people of Maharashtra, including women. "Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to the police," he said.
Earlier, two women had been held on November 19 over a Facebook post criticising the shutdown in Mumbai for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held