Now, Twitter rolls out own photo filter feature
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Twitter has now introduced the ability to add colour filters to user-uploaded photos, a week after Instagram announced that it was no longer supporting embedded photos on the micro blogging site.
Twitter updated its Android and iPhone apps with features that allow user to add filters to photos directly from the app.
There are eight filters to choose from, including, Warm, Cool, Vintage, Happy and Cinematic, as well as cropping and brightening functions, ABC News reports.
The photo filters, using technology made by Aviary will be added to the Twitter app when a user downloads the update, the report said.
The move came a few days after Instagram's CEO said the firm will axe Twitter embedding support was about sending people to Instagram's own site.
According to the report, coincidentally, Instagram, which has been acquired by Twitter rival Facebook, also released an update for its iOS app today, which adds the ability to crop and scale photos.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'