Now, UK eatery unveils 'Mahatma Thali'
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi has inspired many to a better life, but now even food habits are catching on in 'fatty' Britain.
A London restaurant has introduced a 12-item banana leaf meal called - Mahatma Thali - inspired by the diet of the Father of the Nation, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
Kolhapur-born artist Manali Jagtap Nyheim and award-winning Ganapati South Indian Kitchen's owner Claire Fisher have joined hands to launch the Thali that contains dishes that use fresh ingredients that were a favourite with Mahatma Gandhi.
Manali told reporters the "Mahatma Gandhi had a passion for food and the Thali contains some of the ideal ingredients identified by him."
Manali, an award winning graphic designer who works in India and the UK, said it was not known for many that Mahatma Gandhi was "passionate about food and spent half his life researching the perfect diet, one that would nourish India's growing population."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held