NPS-18, GNPS-36 cagers emerge champions
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
New Public School, Sector 18 and Guru Nanak Public School Sector 36 emerged champions in the boys and girls' sections in the Lt. Col. Balraj Singh Sub-Junior State basketball championship held on Tuesday. Vivek High School, Sector 38 and Government Girls Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 20 came second and Saupin's School, Sector 32 and St Xavier's School, Sector 44 finished third respectively in boys and girls' sections.
Meanwhile, Amit of hosts New Public School, Sector 18 and Amrit Kaur of Guru Nanak Public School, Sector 36 were adjudged best players of the tournament. Sacred Heart School, Sector 26, bagged the most disciplined team of the tournament title.
In the Super League round boy's matches played on Tuesday, New Public School, Sector 18 outplayed Vivek High School, Sector 38 by 58-26 while Saupin's School, Sector 32 defeated St Xaviers School, Sector 18 by 23-11. In the girl's Super League matches, St Xavier's School, Sector 44 prevailed over Sacred Heart School, Sector 26 by 11-06 and Guru Nanak Public School, Sector 36 outclassed St Xavier's School, Sector 44 by 20-7.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet