NRHM scam: Govt nod to prosecute three doctors
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The state government on Monday gave sanction for prosecution of three senior doctors and three health department officials in a case of NRHM scam. The CBI's request seeking prosecution sanction for more doctors and officials is pending with the government for last year.
The prosecution sanction was given against former family welfare CMO at Varanasi Dr Prem Prakash Verma and medical officers Dr Satish Kumar and Dr Heera Gopal and officials at CMO office Kripal, Naresh Kumar and Krishna Pal Singh. The doctors and the officials are accused in one of the four cases related to procurement of medicines and surgical goods in Varanasi registered on February 24 last year in connection with the NRHM scam. The CBI then had conducted simultaneous searches at 35 places across the state. The searches were conducted at the offices and residences of CMOs and suppliers of medicines and surgical goods.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM