NRHM scam: Judgement reserved on accused’s pleas
The Allahabad High Court on Thursday reserved its judgement on a bunch of petitions filed by the accused in the alleged multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
The accused — former state family welfare minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, the then principal secretary (Health) Pradeep Shukla, the then managing director of Uttar Pradesh Projects Corporation Limited (UPPCL) Devendra Mohan and the then general manager of UPPCL Ravindra Rai — had challenged various chargesheets filed by the CBI before a special CBI court in Ghaziabad in connection with the alleged scam and had demanded that the same be quashed.
A single judge bench of Justice Sunil Hali reserved its judgement on all the six petitions. "The court heard the argument of all the parties concerned and has now reserved its judgement," said CBI counsel Anurag Khanna. Kushwaha, whose name has appeared in all the three chargesheets filed so far, had filed three separate petitions seeking quashing of all the three chargesheets against him. Shukla had challenged the second chargesheet, in which he was accused of financial misappropriation in connection with upgradation of around 80 district hospitals. The other two officials of the UPPCL, too, had challenged the second chargesheet filed by the CBI.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations