NRI buyers: Be doubly cautious
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
* Society papers and bye-laws for maintenance of the project by the registered owners.
Marketing campaigns and smooth talk by sales executives should not be the criteria for decision on property investment in India. In order to avoid being in a frustrating realty situation, the NRIs need to cross check the developer's reputation and the prevailing prices at the locality through government agencies, NRI forums, friends and acquaintances before entering into any property deal from abroad.
— The author is CEO, BankBazaar.com
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations