NTPC profit after tax jumps 20%
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Bolstered by higher electricity generation, country's largest power producer NTPC today posted 20 per cent rise in profit after tax at Rs 2,498.67 crore in April-June quarter, 2012-13.
The state-owned major had profit after tax of Rs 2,075.78 crore in the year-ago period.
NTPC said in a statement that its total income climbed to Rs 16,844.89 crore in the first quarter of current fiscal from Rs 15,167.89 crore in the Q1 of 2011-12 financial year.
"NTPC generated 58,878 million units of electricity from April to June 2012, an improvement of 7.83 per cent over generation of 54,604 million units in the corresponding quarter of 2011-12," it noted.
In Q1, NTPC group has added 2,160 MW of new capacity – achieving 52 per cent of the target of 4,160 MW for the entire year.
The company shelled out Rs 3,978 crore towards capital expenditure against the target of Rs 3,967 crore in the three months ended June.
"The capex spend in this quarter is 83 per cent higher in comparison to the corresponding period of the previous year. NTPC group incurred capex of Rs. 4,721 crore during Q1 of FY13," it added.
Currently, NTPC has an installed capacity of 39,174 MW with 16,000 MW under construction.
Stocks More on NTPC
Company INFO More on NTPC
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’