Nude photos online, 80 calls in a day: BPO employee files case against man
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A senior research analyst working with a call centre in Delhi has filed a complaint against a Jharkhand-based man for making her fake profiles on social networking website, circulating her nude photos among her friends and colleagues and putting up her phone number on websites.
A case has been registered and the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police is investigating it.
The woman told police that she met the man during a visited her hometown, Koderma in Jharkhand. She said after she returned to Delhi, she could not stay in touch with the man and he started to harass her.
Her family told police that the man would call at least 80 times in a day. The family said he would order sex toys in the name of the woman from several websites and these were delivered to her home.
In her complaint, the victim said: "The man is known to my family and would visit us often in our native village. After I came to Delhi, we continued talking on the phone. In August 2012, he began misbehaving with me over the phone. When I told him not to do so, he started calling my parents and sending us SMSes regularly."
On the basis of the complaint, police tracked the number through which the text messages were sent. According to police, the man works with a private firm and is also studying law in Jharkhand. Police said he has at least 15 mobile numbers, which he subscribed to using the same ID.
The woman's brother told Newsline, "The man calls my sister at least 80 times a day. He has circulated her pictures on Facebook and has harassed the entire family. My sister is unable to go to work as the mails, messages and pictures have been circulated in her office."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations