Obama taking America down a very dangerous path: Romney
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Launching a frontal attack on US President Barack Obama, leading Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney accused him of practicing "crony capitalism" and taking the country down a very dangerous path.
"The truth is that Barack Obama is just way over his head. He is taking our country down a path that is very dangerous. He's making us more and more like a European social-welfare state.
"He's making us an entitlement society. He's taking away the rights of our citizens. He believes government should run this country," Romney said participating in a Republican presidential debate in South Carolina.
The State, which is governed by Indian American, Nikki Haley, goes to the primary on January 21. Haley has endorsed Romney.
The former Massachusetts Governor was not the only one to attack Obama.
"This is, I believe, the most dangerous President of our lifetime, and if he is reelected, after the disaster he has been, the level of radicalism of his second term will be truly frightening," alleged Newt Gingrich, the former Speaker of the US House of Representatives.
"He (Obama) has been practicing crony capitalism. And if you want to get America going again you've got to stop the spread of crony capitalism," Romney said in response to a question participating in the debate; the last one before the South Carolina primary.
"You have the Democratic Party and Barack Obama, and all he wants to do is make them more dependent, give them more food stamps, give them more medic aid," alleged Rick Santorum, the former Pennsylvania Senator.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’