Octroi gone, April salary of civic staff a question mark
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
There is no official communication on implementation of LBT in place of octroi but it is expected by the end of the current fiscal, an official said adding that once the official order comes in, the civic administration would implement LBT and the process would start with the formation of a separate cell for the purpose.
Hike in PMC lab test fee
The civic administration, in a bid to ensure a reduced impact of any adverse fallout of LBT, has started exploring other revenue sources. After increasing property tax, it has now proposed an increase in fees charged for laboratory tests of water and food samples by the PMC lab. The charges proposed is almost eight times higher than the existing Rs 50 per sample.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held