Ode to his work
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
He is known as much for his thoroughly researched documentaries as for his activism. Anand Patwardhan, who has directed several award-winning documentaries, will travel to Paris this month for the documentary festival Cinéma du Réel. The festival will hold a retrospective of his films.
Scheduled from March 21 to 31, Cinéma du Réel will screen Patwardhan's Waves Of Revolution, Prisoners Of Conscience, From The Children Of Mandala, Bombay: Our City, In Memory Of Friends and his recent Jai Bhim Comrade among others. Bombay: Our City had won the filmmaker a Special Jury prize at Cinéma du Réel in 1986 and later a National Award for Best Non-Feature Film.
"I am honoured that the festival, a prestigious platform for documentary filmmakers across the world, has acknowledged my work over the years," said the filmmaker.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held